We all want to keep our computer systems protected from potential security threats. In order to get this task done, we usually try to install powerful security software. Whenever it comes to powerful antivirus programs, then “the Avast” is having its own place. It is undoubtedly one of the best antivirus programs available that offer maximum protection against spyware, virus, or any sort of malware. However, sometimes, the users face problems with Avast especially related to updates. Yes, it has been recorded that mostly users file complaints regarding “The Avast virus definition won’t update issue”.
Incompatibility Is Always The Major Reason:
Usually, the “the Avast definition update failed error” occurs due to incompatibility issues. If the window version and the Avast app are not compatible with each other, then the update issue will definitely occur.
Also, if the installation process of the Avast app is not completed properly, then also the update issue will occur. Now, coming to the solution!!! We all know the issue now it’s important to discuss the fix that can help out in updating the Avast.
Also Read: BEST ANTIVIRUS FOR IPHONE 2021
Upgrade The Avast To The Latest Version
This is one of the simplest solutions that you can try for fixing up the incompatibility issue that may lead towards the Avast won’t update error. First of all check “if there any sort of pending update available and just install it”. Besides, you should also update the Avast. For completing the update, you need to:
- Go to the menu tab and then select the settings.
- Now launch the Avast
- Under the updated interface, you will see the check for updates button
- If any update available then hit on it and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
In case there is no pending update then you need to repair the Avast installation file
For this, first of all, you need to:
- Open the control panel in the windows and then click on the “program and features” option available
- Select the application and then hit on the change tab
- From the popup window appear, you need to select the repair option and then wait until Avast make necessary changes to the files so that the software can get repaired
Reinstall the Avast
Another method that you can take into consideration is reinstalling it. For this, it is important for you to have a professional uninstaller. Apart from this, you can also put your computer in safe mode for uninstalling it. The steps to be followed are:
- First of all, open the run window and then type MSConfig and click on the ok tab.
- Check the safe boot option given under the boot tab and then save the changes.
- For entering the safe mode, restart your pc
- Then, run the Avastclear.exe that has been downloaded to your system. It will clear all the residual files.
- Must remember to boot your pc in normal mode
- Now visit the official website and download and install the version of the Avast.
- It will help you out in removing all the corrupted files and also fixed the Avast not getting updated error.
Take help of the built-in troubleshooting menu.
Sometimes it happens that due to the built-in troubleshooting menus in the Avast, the update problem starts occurring. For resolving this problem, you need to
- Open the Avast and then go to the settings tab
- Click on the troubleshooting option given in the general window and then select the repair app option
- Thereafter you need to click on the yes tab and then wait for a while until the repairing process gets finished
Take help from the Avast Setup Wizard:
In order to resolve the issue, you can also try using the Avast Setup wizard
- First of all, you need to check that you are logged in as the administrator or not
- Now, click on the Start tab and then go to the Apps and Features option
- Select Avast Antivirus and then hit on the Uninstall option.
- In case any permission ask, then allow all of them
- Thereafter the Avast Setup wizard will appear, click Repair.
- Wait for the process to get completed and then click on the done tab.
With the help of these above-given methods, you can easily resolve the Avast virus definition won’t update error. In case you still face any sort of issues, then you are suggested to contact Avast customer support. They will provide you with instant help regarding the same. Also, you are suggested to check out your Internet connection. Sometimes due to internet connectivity issues, the Avast not updating issue occurs.