Microsoft Edge is a web browser developed by Microsoft. It was first released for Windows 10 and Xbox One in 2015, then for Android and iOS in 2017, and macOS in 2019. During development Microsoft made preview builds of Edge available on windows 7, 8, 8.1 and, windows 10. Microsoft announced the public release of the new edge on January 15, 2020. Now Microsoft has begun the automatic rollout of the new version via. Windows update for Windows 7, 8.1, and Windows 10.
If you are using the new Microsoft Edge browser and are curious to play around. Then there is some good news for you. Now you can have your own customize background Image in a new tab. The web browser has given the three options to choose, that are Focused, Inspirational, and Informational.
Whenever we download some new updates, we are always curious to know about its features, so here it is for you.
If you want a clean new tab page or the background (homepage or start page) then you must select Focused type. The Focused offers a design without a background image. And if you scroll down you will have news related to your liking. While the Inspirational provides a similar experience as the Focused layout, the only difference that it features a background image that changes daily, and after scrolling down you will find news related to your taste. The last one that is the Informational features a search box, quick links, and background image. It focuses on the content around the web.
In past, the background image on the new tab was automatically selected by the Microsoft Edge web browser and the user has no option to change it.
This guide will help you to know how to get a custom image in the web page background.
Follow the steps to get your Custom Image in the Background
1) Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your PC or Laptop.
2) On the new tab page, find the setting option which is on the top right corner of the tab, and click on it.
3) Now click on the custom.
4) And then click on your image. Then the upload button will appear and click on it.
5) Thus select the image you want in the new tab background from your device.
That’s it, now you will see the image selected by you whenever you open the new tab.
If the setting icon is not showing on the screen here is what you can do
1) Type edge://setting/newtabpage in the address bar and press the enter key and select the customize button.
2) Then click on the custom option
3) Now click on your image round button. Once you click the button then the upload button will appear and then click the upload button and select the image you want in your background.
When you want to change the image in the background, Navigate to the same place through the same process you have used to upload the image. Click on the remove button and choose another image to upload.
If you want to Turn off the background image and set it to the default image, then you have to repeat the same process of clicking the custom button and you will see the OFF round button above the image of the day button and select the OFF button.
If you find this blog post useful, please share it on Social Media. A quick share will help in growth of this blog. It hardly takes 10 seconds, isn’t it?