If you use more than one printer with your windows 10, then it automatically considers one as the default you use the most. However, sometimes, it becomes important to change and set any other printer on default. In order to achieve the goal, it is necessary to have the right guidelines available. Considering the same, here in this article, we are going to provide you a solution that can help you out in setting up a default printer for your windows 10.
Methods you can adapt for setting a default printer
There are different methods that can help you out in setting up your default printer in Windows 10.
Take help of the Control Panel to set default printer in Widows 10:
1. First of all, you need to open the Run box and then enter the ‘Control Panel.’
2. There is another method; also, you can simply go to the start menu and then select Control Panel.
3. In the right section of the control panel, choose view by and then make sure it is selected to ‘Small icons.’
4. Now locate ‘Devices and Printers’ and then select it.
5. The list of printers will appear, select the preferred printer and then choose the option as: ‘Set as default printer.’
Use the Print Dialog option for setting up printer in Windows 10:
In this method, you need to:
1. Open the Notepad and then select and hit on the File tab.
2. To access the print dialog, click on print.
3. Now, select the printer you want to set as default and right-click on it.
4. Select the “Set as default printer” tab
5. A pop-up message will get displayed.
6. Hit on the OK tab to process further.
From the Settings, Change the Default Printer:
1. First of all, you can achieve the goal by using the settings. Yes, for that, you need to:
2. Select the Windows icon with “I.” It will redirect you to the settings page.
3. OR You can also go to the start tab and then choose the settings tab.
4. Click on the Devices tab.
5. On the left side, you will see the Printers and Scanners option.
6. Select it, and then you need to turn off the option given as “Let Windows manage my default printer.”
7. Once you set this setting, windows will not be able to select any default printer.
8. Now, you are required to move towards the “Printers and Scanners” and then select the printer you want to set as default.
9. Finally, hit on the “Set as Default” tab.
Willing to Set a Default Printer in Windows 10 permanently? Here’s the solution
If you are willing to set a default printer permanently in Windows 10, then you need to
1. Start your process with turning off the option given as ‘Let Windows Manage My Default Printer.
2. Set a default printer yourself
3. Check the status of your printer.
4. Then, Reinstall the printer drivers.
5. Go to the Registry Editor and modify the settings of your printer
6. If there are any old printer connections, then remove them
- Windows Registry, remove the old entries.
- Device Manager, remove the unwanted drivers.
- Windows Settings app, remove unwanted printers.
7. Install the latest Windows updates and create a new user account
8. Finally, restore your system.
With the help of the above-given solutions, you can easily set a printer as default. Once you use the methods, windows will not change the default settings automatically.
Also Read: LOUDNESS EQUALIZATION FOR WINDOWS 10